Mr. Mukhtar Ahmed is a B. Com (Honors), M. Com (Accounting) from the University of Chittagong. He started his career as a Senior Officer in 1984 with the United Commercial Bank Limited.
Mr. Ahmed has served for long 35 years in banking sector and has gathered extensive knowledge and experiences in banking sector. He was at National Credit and Commerce Bank Limited for 30 years and served at different capacities. On 03rd May 2017 he joined at Pubali Bank Limited as the Deputy Managing Director and on 16th August, 2018 he retired from the said post.
Mr. Ahmed is a widely traveled person who visited many countries of the world in connection with attending Training, workshop, seminar, conference and Banking Business.
Mr. Ahmed also held the important positions in the following social and voluntary organizations:
- President of Teknaf Samity Chattogram
- Vice President of Bankers’ Club Chattogram
- General Secretary of Hishab Biggnan Samity, Chittagong University
- Executive Member of Bangladesh Accounting Association
- Member of the Chattogram Taxes Bar Association
- Permanent Member of Chattogram Boat Club
- Life Member of Chattogram Ma-O-Shishu Hospital
- Life Member of Chattogram Diabetic Association
- Life Member Cox’s Bazar Samity